It was a very good Thanksgiving at our house. The grandparents came from Georgia, bearing gingerbread men....
...new furniture for Katie made by Grandpa...
and making cornbread dressing with "helpers".
Add some smoked turkey and eighteen casseroles, and you've got yourself a great time. We had twelve people for dinner, which is a formidable task when you only own eight chairs, but it was really fun. My cousin and his family came over, who I hadn't seen in years, and the kids ran and played while the adults chatted over coffee and red velvet cake.
This weekend it's cold and rainy; perfect weather for turkey soup, watching movies by a fake fire, and tree-decorating while listening to James Taylor Christmas music.
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!
Kidney Peril Updates
- medical jargon (5)
- ► 2010 (24)
- ► 2009 (88)
- ► 2008 (139)
- The Apple Doesn't Fall Far....
- Say Cheese
- Ask and You Shall Receive
- Thanksgiving Highlights
- Lord, make us truly thankful
- Evicted from the Internet
- How to Throw a 7th Birthday Party
- Dear Grace,
- She Sells She-Crabs by the Seashore
- 7 Random Things About Me Meme
- Things I am Thankful For Today
- Suburbia Morning News
- Sick of Candy
- ▼ November (13)