We have big plans around here for this weekend, as we will be getting ready for the first day of school AND hosting Tommy's birthday party. What was I thinking giving birth to a child at this time of year? At the time, I was only worried about being pregnant in the summer in South Carolina, and I thought that was bad enough. I wasn't even considering the madness that is Back To School and Birthday Combined.
We're having a Star Wars theme, and my latent inner Star Wars geek has emerged like Han Solo from carbonite. Not to mention that my friend Kim lent us about seven light sabers for the boys to play with at the party, so my kids have been having epic battles between good and evil all over the house. I don't know if I should be concerned that two out of three of them have gone over to the dark side.
My son is a privileged kid, as he will be having birthday cupcakes with his class on the first day of kindergarten. How's that for a first impression? I'm extra privileged because I get to work a 13 hour shift on Saturday, host a party on Sunday evening, get the kids off to school on Monday morning, then show back up a few hours later with Darth Vader cupcakes. I may need a caffeine IV to get through all of it. Hopefully the Force will be with me. Have a good weekend, y'all!
Kidney Peril Updates
- medical jargon (5)
- ► 2010 (24)
- ► 2009 (88)
- My Little Sister Came to Town
- A Long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far Far Away...
- First Day of School and Tommy's Birthday
- Big Weekend
- Don't Turn Your Back On This Kid
- And Now I Have Become a Cliche
- What I am Doing Right Now, But I Would Never Tell ...
- An Open Letter to Dr. Mike Murdock, the Televangel...
- The Boys of Summer
- Taking the Kids Into the City, or, Someone Call Se...
- The Many Moods of Kate
- Last week, Grace was in fine arts camp at our chur...
- ▼ August (12)