Don't worry, I haven't eaten all of them. Yet. And in case you missed it, I'm doing a cheesy little commenter appreciation/100th post contest here that you can still enter. I'll be picking the winner on Friday morning.
So yes, I have eaten quite a few, and because it's much more fun to blog in list form, here are the lessons learned:
1. 9 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies (retail value $31.50), sounds like a lot of cookies. At least I thought so when I was writing a check for $31.50 for cookies. Until I finally did the math and realized that there are five cookie-eating people living in my house. Now I have learned that 9 boxes is not nearly enough.
2. Two of the five cookie-eating people in my house wake up every day and begin asking for Girl Scout cookies before breakfast.
3. Samoas are the greatest thing in the world.
4. I am normally mistrustful of the "new and improved" cookies they come out with every year, but the Lemon Chalet Cremes are the 2nd greatest thing in the world. Too bad I only bought one box.
5. One should never eat Girl Scout cookies while performing other activities. The attention should be kept solely on enjoying the cookie. Otherwise, one could look around after reading a few blogs and discover half a box gone and not remember eating them. This is a sad, sad waste of one's only box of Lemon Chalet Cremes.
6. It is never advisable to read the nutrition information on the side of a box of Girl Scout Cookies. Just concentrate on the girls on the front of the box, their faces glowing while they achieve great things through Scouting.
7. While it seems exciting to watch one's daughter become a successful saleswoman, learning entrepreneurial skills, gaining confidence in herself, and achieving the level of cookie sales that will earn her not only a patch, but a bracelet charm and a pack of Samoa-flavored lip balm, it's not so exciting when one realizes that one has to actually go and deliver all of those cookies.
This concludes my final post on Girl Scout Cookies. I'll never mention them again. Except for Friday. And maybe once or twice after that. We'll see.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Kidney Peril Updates
- medical jargon (5)
- ► 2010 (24)
- ► 2009 (88)
- We have a winner!
- Things I have learned while eating Girl Scout Cook...
- Never say Never
- 100th Post! And A Giveaway!
- Guess What Came To My House Today...
- The State of Affairs in My Home: A Synopsis
- Bob Loblaw*
- Wordless Wednesday: Up a Tree In Ballet Flats
- Conversations with a Strep Throat Patient
- Blast from the Past
- Are you people reading this?
- Really. I've got nothing.
- Finally: A Post With Actual Words and Not Just Pic...
- Wordless Wednesday
- New Blogs on the Block
- Have you seen this man?
- ▼ February (17)