Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Baby Talk

The other day, Tommy found a sticker that said, "I'm a big boy", and had been wearing it on his shirt all day. Sitting at the kitchen table, he completed a certain task for the first time without any help, and proclaimed, "Wow, my sticker was right! I AM a big boy!"

My friend Julie left her baby here today for us to play with. All three of my kids were in his face the entire time, gooing and gaaing and playing peek-a-boo. It wasn't long before the questions started:

Grace: Can I have another baby brother? He could share my room.

Me: Are you going to feed him and change him when he wakes up in the middle of the night?

Grace: I would just feed him breakfast in the morning. And I wouldn't touch a diaper, they have germs.

Me: Then no baby brother for you.

Tommy: Why do you have to bring all of this stuff in a diaper bag everywhere? Do you have to bring it with you to the store?

Me: Yes, you have to bring diapers and wipes and sippy cups and extra clothes everywhere you go. Babies need a lot of stuff.

Tommy: What if he cries in the store, what would you do then?

Me: That happens a lot. It happened when all three of you were babies. You cried in the store all the time.

Tommy: (with chagrin) Babies sure are a lot of work!

3 comments:

  1. Yep. They sure are.

    Cute conversation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mr. big boy sure knows his stuff! cute post, cute kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids still remember vividly what it was like to have The Baby, so no one is offering to help me out, ever.

    ReplyDelete

The kiddos

The kiddos

Kidney Peril Updates

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from chrissyinthecarpoollane. Make your own badge here.

Contact Info

chrissyinthecarpoollane at g mail dot com.