This weekend I launched an all-out search for a twin bed for Katie. Her feet have been practically hanging off her toddler bed for some time now, and I have put it off long enough.
I decided to look for a used bed, mainly because 1)she's 3 and knows how to use crayons, and 2) a new piece of furniture would not fit in with my "decor".
I use the term "decor" loosely, because what I really mean is that all of my furniture is "shabby chic". (And by "shabby chic" I really mean "already has crayon marks".)
So the kids and I hit some garage and estate sales this weekend, and I ended up finding this at an antique shop nearby:
It is exactly what I was looking for. It's girly but not too girly, the price was perfect, and amazingly, it even matches her dresser.
I'm just passionately in love with this bed.
I will now devote my life to keeping the crayons away from it.
Kidney Peril Updates
- medical jargon (5)
- ► 2010 (24)
- ► 2009 (88)
- ► 2008 (139)
- Because there are more than 8 women in my life...
- Dunder Mifflin Rocks
- 'Halloween Memories', or 'The Day I Lost My Mind i...
- Treasure Hunt
- Confession of a Coupon Queen
- Friday Night Slumber Party
- I hate to break this to you
- Baby Talk
- It's still difficult for me to talk about it.
- Road Trip!
- Pardon the Construction
- Playing Catch up
- I will never forget
- The Interrogation
- Temper, Temper
- What's wrong with this picture?
- Good Morning, Sunshine!
- A Roller Coaster Ride
- On Motherhood and Exasperation
- Not Exactly Breaking News
- ▼ September (21)