Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tired and a Little Bit Silly

So far tonight I have spent six wonderful hours taking an online defensive driving course, due to an unfortunate (alleged) incident that shall not be discussed, except to say that it may or may not have involved a stop sign on the way home from Easter Sunday dinner at a friend's house.

Really I cannot comment on this (alleged) incident, although I will admit that there was leftover banana pudding as well as brownies in the car, and I may or may not have been (allegedly) distracted. Also I may or may not have been (allegedly) distracted by the children in the car, who may or may not have been (allegedly) arguing.

All that to say, what a fun evening it has been. I have had the pleasure of reading three paragraphs of defensive driving material at a time, but being required to spend six minutes on each page (by law), so that has left me with lots of time to think about how I can improve as a driver surf the internet.

I joined Facebook, and stalked dozens of old classmates. Because I really do need to spend more time on the computer. Who needs a real life anyway? Texas highways are so dangerous, there are thousands of drunk driving accidents each year, so I really should just stay home and...hey, wait a minute.

I just watched an 8 minute 80's style rap video about "The No Zones" (that's street slang for the blind spots of an 18 wheeler, yo.) I could tell that this rap video was def because it featured four white kids dressed up like DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. They were 2 legit. Word up.

On an unrelated note, I found an old album of DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince (who I shall now refer to as DJJJATFP, to make things easier) when I was cleaning out a closet last week. And no, I never owned an album by DJJJATFP, so it must belong to Greg. I can just picture him now... an angst-ridden teenager, sitting in his room, wearing overalls with one side unfastened, placing his DJJJATFP album on the turntable, and nodding his head in agreement to "Parents Just Don't Understand". I feel you, man. But if you only knew the statistics concerning fatality rates of male drivers in Texas under the age of 24, you'd see things differently. Word to your mother.

9 comments:

  1. ok..thanks to you I spit Raisin Bran on my laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlike Julie, I was able to laugh without making a mess. Word up.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehehe!!! You freaking crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah. And I DID own the DJJJAFP cassette, baby! Yep. I was cool like dat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how funny! i did a "petra" tribute on my blog today. ahh, the 80's. why can't life be as simple now as it was then.

    as for the *alleged* situation...eeek! at least you're home, online, playing and not staring at a judge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic.

    And now I'm going to have "Parents Just Don't Understand" in my head for the day. Haven't even thought about that song in ages!!

    I think I'm going to start saying "word up" again. Do you think I can bring it back?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bring back "word up"? It never left my vocab.

    And if you find Greg's old overalls, I will need to see a picture of those please.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Word Up. I have painfully funny memories of my husband making our poor then-newborn Girl dance around the apartment to that song. HAHAHA.
    All I do on Facebook is see if I can find guys I had crushes on in high school. THey are all, I will report happily, FAT AND BALD.

    ReplyDelete

The kiddos

The kiddos

Kidney Peril Updates

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from chrissyinthecarpoollane. Make your own badge here.

Contact Info

chrissyinthecarpoollane at g mail dot com.