So instead of writing a decent post, I've been playing with my blog design for some reason. The header picture is one of my favorite photos ever, taken by my sister Wendy when we visited Big Bend National Park last fall. I'm standing in "the Window", which is the top of a waterfall that plunges straight down onto the desert floor. At the time, I didn't feel like I was too close to the edge, but looking at the picture makes me question my judgment.
I've been a little blue lately, partly hormonal and partly circumstantial, and one of the things I've been trying to do is to surround myself with little things that bring me joy. I've had a list of them whirring around in my mind, so in no particular order, here are a few:
1. Fresh home grown tomatoes. This is a new one for me. I've never understood why people love them so much until now. I bought four huge ones at the farmer's market, and I swear I ate every single bite. They are scrumptious.
2. Homemade Peach Cobbler. Made with fresh peaches from the farmer's market. I shared some of it with the family, but guess who finished it off for breakfast? (me)
I swear they're not all about food, but
3. Grilled squash and chicken quesadillas with cheese and sour cream. I've made them about three times in the last week. So creamy and good.
4. The chorus of this song:
It starts about 1 minute in, and it is infectious. I've been singing it, loudly, all around the house.
5. Sitting out in my backyard swing early in the morning. It's usually wet from the sprinklers, so I bring a towel and a Bible, and me and the birds just talk to God for a while before anyone else gets up.
6. Photographs. I don't know what it is about me, but I love taking them, looking at them, and forcing other people to look at them with me.
7. Happy Hour at Sonic, home of half price Dr. Pepper (with cherries)
I'll probably think of twelve more after I publish this. What about you? What brings you joy?
Kidney Peril Updates
- medical jargon (5)
- ► 2010 (24)
- ► 2009 (88)
- ▼ July (9)