...to where we went this weekend:
So congratulations to Painted Maypole, who guessed correctly yesterday. You win....um....nothing, but good job anyway.
The camp we went to was just like living out the first scenes of "The Parent Trap", except no one found their long lost twin and pushed her in a lake and then cut her hair. Otherwise just the same. We had a great time, and can I just talk about the turtle for a moment?
First of all, this is a six year old's hand, which makes this turtle the tiniest one ever. The girls named him Cutie and tormented him for a half an hour before I forced them to leave him by the lake and continue their hike. The hike which was punctuated from that point on by weeping and wailing and questioning the validity of 'Leave No Trace' ethics: Take only photographs, leave only footprints. (But can't we take photographs and turtles?)
Upon returning home, every single girl on the trip listed finding Cutie as their favorite part of the weekend.
Since I am still too exhausted to coherently type, I will leave you with two words to describe this picture of Grace: String Bean.
Kidney Peril Updates
- medical jargon (5)
- ► 2010 (24)
- ► 2009 (88)
- I know you've been dying for an answer...
- See if you can guess where I went this weekend...
- The Middle Child
- The Weekend in Pictures
- On Blogging and Its Influence on Music
- Another Day, Another Virus, and Another Rant (UPDA...
- People Watching at the Roller Rink on a Saturday N...
- Wordless Wednesday: Inside Joke
- We had a wild weekend around here, complete with a...
- We Know How to Party Around Here
- We'll be Celebrating April Fools' Day Sometime Nex...
- ▼ April (11)