Saturday, November 7, 2009

Updates and Random Things

We've had a busy and chaotic week around here. No news on the real estate front, no law suits pending or anything like that, but medical drama abounds. Tommy is getting his tonsils out Monday morning, which everyone says is a routine surgery, but that's mah baybeeeee and someone is going to cut on him and I'm trying not to freak out about it. I'm sure he'll be fine, and perhaps I will not weep and wail and throw myself in the floor when he is wheeled off. Perhaps.

Meanwhile, my kidneys have decided not to behave themselves, and while I'm busy trying not to freak out about Tommy, I'm beginning to freak out a little bit about that. I've had an ultrasound and a CT scan this past week, and it seems that both kidneys have cysts in them that are definitely not benign, but also probably not malignant, but so far that's all I know. (!)

I'm assuming that surgery is in my near future for that because really that junk needs to come out, and because I feel like crap and this is unacceptable. I won't know for sure until later this week.

One bright spot: we've met our deductible for the year! Our FIVE THOUSAND DOLLAR DEDUCTIBLE! Woo hoo! "Free" medical care until....oh, wait, it's almost the end of the year. Dang.

Did you catch the part where we met our FIVE THOUSAND DOLLAR FAMILY DEDUCTIBLE? (It is always written in all caps.) That is just how much fun this year has been. Really, 2009, you've outdone yourself.

Here's to 2010. May it be boring and dull and drama free.

Okay, I don't really have anything else, so here is a random photo.

3 comments:

  1. I love that photo!

    Thinking lots of healthy thoughts and forwarding them your way. Use that free medical for all it is worth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo for the tonsils (I would probably be freaking too).
    Boo for the kidneys.
    BOO for the deductable (I know all about those stinking high deductables).
    BOOOOOO!
    I am hoping for a dull and boring 2010 too!
    Prayers for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thinking of you and yours. be well and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete

The kiddos

The kiddos

Kidney Peril Updates

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from chrissyinthecarpoollane. Make your own badge here.

Contact Info

chrissyinthecarpoollane at g mail dot com.