Sunday, July 26, 2009

Things Will Be Great When You're Downtown

I was informed by a friend that earlier this week that I need to be posting more often here. I post pretty often on Facebook, but it's more along the lines of "Hey, we're going here today", partly in a "come join us if you're around" way, but partly in a "We're doing great and having fun, Facebook!!!" kind of way. I didn't realize I was even doing that until someone commented the other day that she was jealous that I get to do so many fun things and since she was a single mom she never got to do anything when her kid was little. I felt bad for her for a second, I really did, but then I remembered she bullied me all through middle school and I haven't talked to her since, so....unfriend.

So here is what is really going on with me: Trying to sell my house. Constantly cleaning my house. Constantly nagging children to clean up and not make messes. Constantly. And while I love having a nice beautiful home, I have come to the conclusion that this is no way to live life. I'm not a nice person to be around when I've been doing too much cleaning. Or any cleaning, really.

We've been having a lot of showings on the house, sometimes several a day, which is a good thing and I am absolutely not complaining, but since many of the showings have been on five or ten minutes' notice, that means I really have to be on my toes. Greg and I actually have a pit-crew-like routine for scrambling everyone out the door while simultaneously straightening the house. It is a wonder to behold.

Anyway, my main strategy this summer has been to get up, get the kids fed and dressed, clean up the kitchen and pack a picnic lunch while the kids clean their rooms and make beds, then I throw children, food, bathing suits, towels, library books, and all of our free and season passes to various things into the car and GET OUT OF THERE. Then we have the option of hitting up a museum, a pool, a library, or a friend's house, whatever strikes our fancy. The inside of my car looks like it has been hit by a tornado, but that's beside the point.

Now I present to you photos from our latest trip downtown, because I am too exhausted to continue this post... due to our latest trip downtown.

2 comments:

  1. I loooove the second to the last one. It is a GREAT composition.

    Good luck with the house selling. I don't know if we could ever keep our house at the showing level of clean. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can never understand how people keep their houses clean all the time. MQ had a friend over the other day, and I was worried what she thought of our house. there are THREE kids in her house and every time I'm there it's spotless. Maybe the mother has no other hobbies. ack.

    ReplyDelete

The kiddos

The kiddos

Kidney Peril Updates

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from chrissyinthecarpoollane. Make your own badge here.

Contact Info

chrissyinthecarpoollane at g mail dot com.