Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Dwight Schrute Moment

The other day I was standing in the Museum of Nature and Science in front of a fake black bear habitat. A little girl behind me squealed to her Daddy, "Ooooh, look at those scary bears!" The father replied, "If you ever see a bear like that in real life, honey, you better run FAST!"

Every fiber of my being wanted to turn around and say, "You should never run from a bear. They are faster than you and they will catch you."

But I didn't. I quelled the urge and maintained my dignity. For once.



Suppressing my inner Dwight since 2009.

4 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you; I would have wanted to say something, too. (By the way, MY kids know what to do if they see a bear. At least, they say they do- it's never been tested.) I forgot about the curl up in a ball part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I love Dwight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA!!!!!
    I didn't even need to play the video (though I did anyway) because I could TOTALLY hear a Dwight voice coming out of your mouth as you corrected that dad. Hehehe. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no that dad was right... he just left out part of it. You don't just have to run FAST, you have to run FASTER than whoever you are WITH (let THEM become bear food)

    ReplyDelete

The kiddos

The kiddos

Kidney Peril Updates

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from chrissyinthecarpoollane. Make your own badge here.

Contact Info

chrissyinthecarpoollane at g mail dot com.